Tip for Editing Promoted Links in SharePoint 2013

Promoted LinksEditing Promoted Links is a quite a long winded exercise :

1. Click on app.
  2. Click List tab in the ribbon.
  3. Change the Tiles view to All Promoted Links view.
  4. Select item.
  5. Click Items tab in the ribbon.
  6. Edit Item.

Make the last step more visible by changing the All Promoted Links view to include the edit menu on items.

Editing Promoted Links 1 Editing Promoted Links 2 Editing Promoted Links 3

About Veronique Palmer

Empowering people one at a time.
This entry was posted in SharePoint 2013. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Tip for Editing Promoted Links in SharePoint 2013

1. SP newbie says:

I know this is an old post but still want to thank you. Step by step and easy to follow. I contacted MSFT and they couldn’t even help me this fast.

Liked by 1 person

2. wayne hom says:

Thank you. Really roundabout way to edit.

3. Rodolfo Reyes says:

Thanks a lot! really helpfull

4. JR says:

Great tip! It was so simple once you found out where to do it. Thank you!

5. Phew Adi, I don’t really know. You may have to hack the code to get that right. Thanks for the heads up that it did that, I didn’t realise it did.

6. adi says:

A very good article regarding promoted links.
    I have a question regarding the promoted links, I select to open in a new window/tab. However, once I open a link, and then a click on another promoted link item, it uses the recently opened window and overwrites the content. I want to be able to open as many as new tabs as I need to.. How do I accomplish that?

7. Only a pleasure.

8. Pavel says:

Thank you, Veronique! 🙂
    Really precious!

Greetings from Italy!
    Pavel

9. Sheera says:

Thanks a lot! really helpfull

10. Hehe, you’re most welcome.

11. Graeme says:

Just what I needed after 15 frustrated minutes!

Thanks 🙂

12. Thanks.. it’s really save my time

13. Yes I agree. You’re welcome.

14. Good tip. Thanks. It is a hassle to set up, especially with lots of background images.