We Need More SharePoint Business Bloggers

Whilst compiling a list of my top 10 favourite business bloggers for a report today, I realised there were only 10 on my list!  We need more.

You know who you are – you are a business professional that has moved into the SharePoint world and loving it.  You have changed the way your team / division / company operates.  You don’t want to do your day job anymore, you just want to do SharePoint.  BUT, you are also sitting there thinking you don’t know a thing!  That you have nothing to offer the SharePoint community.  That the stuff you know is too basic to tell people about. Right?

WRONG!

Your story is unique!  It’s not about the technology, it’s about your unique experience with it.  There are no two SharePoint sites that are 100% alike – your special requirements and situation make your story valuable to everyone.  We learn from each other.  Nobody knows it all, nobody.

Please tell your story.  I will help you get your blog out there.  All you need to do is write regularly.  Once a week is ideal, but even 3 times a month will do.  You can handle that right?  Come on specialists, you can do it.  🙂

In case you’d like to know who the people are on my list, here they are – adding more as people comment :

About Veronique Palmer

Empowering people one at a time.
This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to We Need More SharePoint Business Bloggers

1. Jim Justice says:

If you have interest in SharePoint and Microsoft in government, http://www.defenseware.com should be of interest.

2. Hi Richard,

Your 20 seconds made me smile so much! Thank you! 🙂

It’s not necessarily about being a SharePoint Specialist yet, because many business users aren’t yet. But it’s for those people sitting in the trenches amongst the PA’s, and managers, and engineers, and lawyers, and accountants and have to translate their requirements onto SharePoint.

In other words, stuff that’s not server or development related in this case. I’m not saying don’t blog if you aren’t in business and using SharePoint; I’m just saying that we need more people in business to share their knowledge too. 🙂

I’ve gathered quite a nice list of these people now, check this out. Read what some of them do then you can decide if you fit this category or not.

Hope this helps.

3. Richard Kraneis says:

SharePoint Specialist?
    Veronique, it’s almost midnight in Chicago, IL USA and I’m spending way too much time on the Internet reading about SharePoint. Again, I’ve found my way to your blog.
    Am I understanding you correctly? Are you asking someone to write about being a SharePoint specialist?
    In one month, I’ve built my own SharePoint Foundation sandbox on a cloud server, met over a dozen SharePoint users/experts from around the globe, and I’m currently looking for pro-bono SharePoint Foundation projects in Chicago, IL USA.
    And when the spirit moves me, I can blog productively (200 blog posts on 3 websites).
    Do I qualify as a potential SharePoint specialist blogger? Thanks.
    Richard Kraneis
    Chicago, IL USA

PS: I hope these 20 seconds of courage will change my life forever 🙂

4. Pingback: I agree…technology does not encourage user adoption | MarkjOwen's Blog

5. Veronique Palmer says:

Oh yes!! Thanks for the heads up again. 🙂 Added him too.

6. Veronique Palmer says:

You’re most welcome Olivier. Thanks for telling us about your new blog! Good luck with it. I’ve added it to my master list.

7. Ruven Gotz says:

Hi Veronique, I just remembered another one of the really good ones: Ben McMann’s blog: http://benmcmann.wordpress.com/

8. Olivier says:

Thanks Veronique for the post with all the interesting blogs.
    Talking about challenges and need of more SharePoint blog, I’m starting my blog! Hope you’ll like it 🙂

9. Pingback: Introducing Brand New SharePoint Business Blogger – Valda van Dyk | Views from Veronique

10. Thanks for writing this, Veronique. This is a common request at our user groups, we cover “how to’s,” features, functionality and tips but hardly can demonstrate and end to end solution to a business problem.

11. Ah yes!! Forgot about here too! Thanks Ruven … Sorry Sadie. 🙂

12. Ruven Gotz says:

Hi Veronique,
    I think you should add Sadie Van Buren’s blog to the list: http://amatterofdegree.typepad.com/
    Ruven

13. Ruven Gotz says:

Hi Veronique,
    You should add Sadie Van Buren’s blog to your list: http://amatterofdegree.typepad.com/
    Ruven

14. Hi Ellen, lovely to meet you! And yes, that’s exactly what I am looking for. 🙂

I love your title “Frankly my dear…they’re just not that into your content”. Priceless! 🙂

I’m adding you to my list.

15. Perhaps you like my SharePoint stories…tales of small real-life business processes that have been facilitated with SharePoint. They may seem simple, but SharePoint has made the employees involved really happy, while saving the organization time and money. http://www.mydigitalworkplace.wordpress.com, tag DMWS-Examples.

16. Pingback: We Need More SharePoint Business Bloggers | Views from Veronique | Mastering Sharepoint

17. Yep it is challenging, that’s why we need clients to take up blogging. They are there in the salt mines every day experiencing how it all turns out.

Thanks for the heads up on Path to SP. It’s not one I know.

And Chamonix Vue is Lynn Warneke, she changed blogs to One Crowded Brain. 🙂

18. Writing about SharePoint business is one of the most challenges to every blogger. In my opinion, that’s different from writing tips/tutorials to help end-users facilitate their works on SharePoint environment. A real SharePoint-business-artice should have insights through SharePoint, and reasonably/logically explain why it’s true, and how it solves business problem in a real-world scenario.

By the way, you might be missing two awesome bloggers:
    1. Path to SharePoint – http://blog.pathtosharepoint.com/
    2. Chamonix Vue – http://chamonixvue.wordpress.com

-T.s

19. Pingback: We Need More SharePoint Business Bloggers - SharePoint User Group Blogs - Bamboo Nation