I’m busy conducting a series of interviews called “Spotlight On”. The people I’m interviewing are working in the trenches running medium to very large SharePoint projects around the world. The purpose is to hear from the horse’s mouth as it were, what the daily challenges are that clients face with SharePoint. These are the real unsung heroes in SharePoint. I’d like you to meet them.
Questions I will be asking each candidate are :
1) Where do you work?
2) What is your job title?
3) How many SharePoint users in the company and how many are you responsible for?
4) What version of SharePoint are you using and how long has your company been using SharePoint?
5) How did you learn SharePoint and how long have you been using it?
6) What is the biggest challenge you face with user adoption?
7) How are you handling governance?
8) Do you have a dedicated SharePoint team and Executive buy-in and is it helping?
9) If you had unlimited resources in your company and could design the ideal SharePoint dream team, what would it consist of?
10) Have you built anything cool (out of box) in SharePoint that your users loved, and if so what was it?
11) What functionality do you use the most on a day to day basis?
12) How has SharePoint changed your life?
13) What’s the hardest thing about your job?
14) What’s the best thing about your job?
15) What do you know about SharePoint 2010 and are you planning to upgrade ?
If you’d like to be interviewed, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your answers won’t be moderated in any way, this is your story.