So when you do you go it alone and when do you call in the troops?
This is a tricky question for a lot of people and there are so many things that can affect the answer. Let’s take it from the view point that you work fulltime for the company, still new-ish to SharePoint and/or have no dev or IT pro experience.
Get Help When :
- You are migrating from one version to another.
- You need to architect and install SharePoint for a large organisation.
- You need custom workflows to automate your business processes.
- You have stretched the out of box features and you need to extend the capabilities.
- You need to use the Enterprise Features of either SharePoint 2007 or 2010.
- You want to use the Managed Metadata Service of SharePoint 2010.
- You need to integrate into line of business systems.
- You need enterprise wide business intelligence.
- Your search isn’t working properly.
- You need a special web part.
- You need your sites branded / skinned.
- You have to get thousands of people to adopt SharePoint and you have no clue where to start.
There are endless specialists available to you locally and internationally – feel free to ask.