If you would like your helpdesk to assist you quicker? Meet them half way.
When experiencing issues with SharePoint, have the following information ready to the techies can get going quickly :
- Is the problem being experienced by everybody, or just you?
- Is it being experienced on all lists / libraries / sites, or just one?
- Has this happened before, or is this the first time?
- What actions where you performing on SharePoint when the error occurred?
- What browser are you using?
- What version of Office are you using?
- Take screenshots of any error that comes up so they can see what you mean.
- Supply the link to the problem area – there are thousands of sites and users, they don’t have all the links on call.
- If you are allowed to email your call, put in a sensible subject line. ”Help” or “Error” doesn’t tell them much and everyone does that. Do something like “Error Editing List Item with Attachments” for example.